Garbage truck avoids plunge off North Jakarta toll bridge
The Jakarta Post
An almost-fatal accident occurred on Monday morning in Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta, when a garbage truck driver collided with the barrier of a toll bridge, leaving the cabin hanging precariously over the edge.
North Jakarta Police traffic accident unit head Adj. Comr. Sigit Purwanto said the vehicle belonged to the Jakarta Environment Agency.
The driver was identified as Aries Sutrisno, who was on his way back from delivering garbage to the Bantar Gebang landfill in Bekasi, West Java.
“The driver took the wrong lane, he was then shocked and swerved to the left [to avoid other cars heading toward him], losing control of the vehicle and colliding with the barrier of the Plumpang toll bridge,” Sigit said.
He said that Aries had been driving at 60 kilometers per hour.
Pictures posted on social media showed the orange truck hanging on the edge of the elevated Plumpang toll road, having damaged the fence on the sides of the bridge. No casualties were reported in the incident. (acr)
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Trump accuses Saudis of 'lies' over Khashoggi killing
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Home of Malaysian cricket under closure threat
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world