Garbage truck avoids plunge off North Jakarta toll bridge
The Jakarta Post
An almost-fatal accident occurred on Monday morning in Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta, when a garbage truck driver collided with the barrier of a toll bridge, leaving the cabin hanging precariously over the edge.
North Jakarta Police traffic accident unit head Adj. Comr. Sigit Purwanto said the vehicle belonged to the Jakarta Environment Agency.
The driver was identified as Aries Sutrisno, who was on his way back from delivering garbage to the Bantar Gebang landfill in Bekasi, West Java.
“The driver took the wrong lane, he was then shocked and swerved to the left [to avoid other cars heading toward him], losing control of the vehicle and colliding with the barrier of the Plumpang toll bridge,” Sigit said.
He said that Aries had been driving at 60 kilometers per hour.
Pictures posted on social media showed the orange truck hanging on the edge of the elevated Plumpang toll road, having damaged the fence on the sides of the bridge. No casualties were reported in the incident. (acr)
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow