Jokowi greets travelers, wishes them happy holiday
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo made a surprise visit to Baranangsiang bus terminal in Bogor, West Java, on Sunday afternoon, to greet travelers who were on their way to their hometowns for the Idul Fitri holiday.
Wearing a white long-sleeved shirt and a black peci (traditional cap), Jokowi arrived at 2:20 p.m. local time. The President was warmly welcomed by travelers and local residents.
Jokowi later boarded a bus carrying passengers who were heading to the east of Java Island. On the bus, he spoke with several travelers, asking them where they were going, among other things. Three of the passengers who spoke with Jokowi said they were traveling to Winangun, Kebumen and Banyumas.
The President wished the passengers a safe trip, hoping they arrived safely at home. “Enjoy your holiday with relatives and friends. Spend this joyful time sharing happiness, sweet stories and of course, fortunes,” he said.
Jokowi later wished the passengers a happy holiday. “May our purity make our unity stronger and be helpful in building this nation in the future.”
After the greeting, he left the terminal and returned to the Bogor Palace. Collective leave for this year’s Idul Fitri holiday started on Monday and will last until June 20. (stu/ebf)
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Google launches special features for Asian Games 2018
- Cricket hero Imran Khan sworn in as Pakistan PM
- National Folk Museum of Korea to bring ‘mobile museums’ to Asian Games
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Asian Games: Japanese athletes, officials comfortable staying in athletes villag...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program