Jokowi congratulates Erdogan on victory, invites him to visit
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo has congratulated Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on his recent reelection and invited him to visit Indonesia soon.
Jokowi telephoned his Turkish counterpart on Tuesday afternoon to convey his congratulatory message on the successful presidential and parliamentary elections in Turkey.
"I am sure that the Turkish people will be more prosperous under your wise and sensible leadership," Jokowi told Erdogan.
The President also reiterated Indonesia's commitment to strengthening bilateral cooperation with Turkey, including efforts to push for Palestinian independence.
He also wished Erdogan good health and success for his presidency, and extended an invitation to the Turkish President to visit Indonesia in an official capacity.
Erdogan and his ruling Justice Development Party (AKP) won the Turkish elections on Sunday, extending his 15-year rule in Turkey. (ebf)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 'Asia Sentinel' apologizes to Yudhoyono, Dems
- Five destinations to be developed into one geopark
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food