Jokowi congratulates Erdogan on victory, invites him to visit
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo has congratulated Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on his recent reelection and invited him to visit Indonesia soon.
Jokowi telephoned his Turkish counterpart on Tuesday afternoon to convey his congratulatory message on the successful presidential and parliamentary elections in Turkey.
"I am sure that the Turkish people will be more prosperous under your wise and sensible leadership," Jokowi told Erdogan.
The President also reiterated Indonesia's commitment to strengthening bilateral cooperation with Turkey, including efforts to push for Palestinian independence.
He also wished Erdogan good health and success for his presidency, and extended an invitation to the Turkish President to visit Indonesia in an official capacity.
Erdogan and his ruling Justice Development Party (AKP) won the Turkish elections on Sunday, extending his 15-year rule in Turkey. (ebf)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC