Two die in JORR collision
The Jakarta Post
A traffic accident in the early hours of Thursday morning on the Jakarta Outer Ring Road (JORR), 5 kilometers from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, left two people dead, the head of law enforcement at the Jakarta Traffic Police Sr. Adj. Comr. Budiyanto has said.
“The fatalities have been identified as the driver and passenger of a Mitsubishi Xpander, with license plate B 2171 PFK, respectively identified as Jeremy Juan Taher, 18, a resident of Sawah Besar, Central Jakarta, and Women Winata, 18, a resident of West Mankowari, West Papua,” Budiyanto said on Thursday, kompas.com reported.
He said the incident occurred at 1 a.m. when the Mitsubishi was driving north along the toll road. The car hit the back of a truck.
“As a result of the collision, Jeremy and the passenger sustained head injuries. Jeremy died at the scene, while Women died at the Puri Indah Hospital in West Jakarta,” Budiyanto said.
He said the victims’ bodies were taken to Tangerang City Hospital for identification.
A photograph of the crash was uploaded to the Jakarta Police Traffic Management Center (TMC). (ami)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai