10 areas prone to landslide in South, East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) has revealed 10 areas in the city that are prone to landslides during the rainy season.
“There are 10 areas that are located in South and East Jakarta,” the agency head Jupan Royter said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com on Tuesday.
The 10 areas are Cilandak, Jagakarsa, Kebayoran Lama, Kebayoran Baru, Mampang Prapatan, Pancoran, Pasar Minggu and Pesanggrahan in South Jakarta and Kramat Jati and Pasar Rebo in East Jakarta.
To prevent disaster in these areas, Jupan said that the agency had worked with other related working units, namely Bina Marga, the Jakarta Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) and the Jakarta Water Resource Agency.
“Every working unit has its specific preparation. The Water Resource Agency, for example, should focus on improving water channels by dredging and river revitalization,” he added. (vla)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says