Manggarai traffic diverted for double-track railway project
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Transportation Agency will divert traffic on Jl. Matraman Raya as the double-double track (DDT) railway project connecting Manggarai Station in South Jakarta and Jatinegara Station in East Jakarta is schedule to start erecting girders this month.
Through a statement released on Wednesday, the agency revealed that the project will affect traffic from the Jl. Matraman Raya-Jl. Slamet Riyadi 1 intersection to the Kebon Pala Transjakarta bus shelter.
The project on the east side of Jl. Matraman Raya will be carried out from Wednesday to Dec. 12, from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m. The agency has, therefore, diverted traffic from Senen, Central Jakarta, in the north, to Kampung Melayu, East Jakarta, in the south, with a contra flow on the west side of Jl. Matraman Raya.
The erection of girders on the west side of Jl. Matraman Raya, meanwhile, will be carried out from Dec. 13 to Dec. 20, from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m. Therefore, traffic from Kampung Melayu to Senen will be diverted to the east side of Jl. Matraman Raya with a contra flow.
“We suggest that drivers avoid the road and adjust to the traffic diversion,” the statement read.
The Manggarai Jatinegara DDT project, which is being carried out by PT. Hutama-Modern Mitra (KSO), is a part of the overall DDT that connects Manggarai Station, Jatinegara Station and Cikarang Station in West Java. The railway, which stretches 35 kilometers, is expected to be complete in 2020.
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says