Green open space to replace Senayan shooting range
The Jakarta Post
Authorities have agreed to transform the Senayan shooting range in Central Jakarta into a green open space following an incident in October in which stray bullets hit lawmakers' offices at the House of Representatives complex nearby.
The president director of the Gelora Bung Karno sports complex management center, Winarto, announced that the management would proceed with the plan as soon as the shooting range is relocated.
"The plan is in accordance with Jakarta's spatial plan as stipulated in Bylaw No. 1/2014 [on detailed spatial planning]," Winarto said at City Hall on Wednesday, kompas.com reported.
However, Winarto added that the area would still retain its status as a sports center, similar to the Senayan driving range, another green space that functions as a sports venue.
Winarto has yet to announce when the relocation of the shooting range will take place as the Youth and Sports Ministry and the city administration are still in talks regarding the relocation site.
Plans for relocation began after several stray bullets were found at the House of Representatives complex, near the shooting range, in October. The police detained two suspects. (ars)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says