Tanjung Lesung Festival to host Rhino X Triathlon
The Jakarta Post
If you love triathlons and also like to explore culture and historical sites at the same time, then the Rhino X Triathlon – or Rhino Cross Triathlon – is the right fit for you.
Set to be held from Sept. 23-24, the sports tourism event invites participants to explore the beauty of Tanjung Lesung in Banten while competing in the race.
“The race consists of swimming, cycling and running phases. Our target is to have local and foreign participants in the event,” said Kawasan Tanjung Lesung manager Poernomo Siswoprasetijo.
The event, which is part of the Tanjung Lesung Festival, will also feature other activities including a challenge to break the Indonesian Museum of Records (MURI) record for the youngest diver carrying the national flag in the Sunda Strait.
The cross triathlon will be divided into three age groups: Open (20 to 39 years old), Master (40 years old and above) and Youth (13 to 19 years old).
Apart from the Rhino Cross Triathlon, the Tanjung Lesung Festival will also offer other sports activities, such as the MTB XC (mountain bike cross-country) Marathon and the Sunset Trail Run. (kes)
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles