Atambua set to host Wonderful Indonesia music concert
Atambua town in East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) is only days away from hosting the Wonderful Indonesia music concert.
The concert will be held on Sept. 22 at the Simpang Lima field and feature legendary rock band Slank.
Both NTT Tourism Agency and the Tourism Ministry are expecting to welcome not only the locals but also concert-goers from the neighboring country Timor Leste.
To attract Timor Leste citizens, a huge billboard ad has been installed that could be seen from the entrance gate between the two countries. Atambua itself is located close to the four border areas of Timor Leste.
The event committee also sent out a promotional team to Timor Leste to promote the concert.
As for the immigration process, the ministry alongside other stakeholders will help coordinate the opening of border gates from Timor Leste to Atambua.
On the D-day, the event is set to host several opening acts, such as Likurai traditional dance by Bete Lelenok dance studio and a music performance by Albatross band. (kes)
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan
- Travel fair to boost Garuda’s business
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Google looking to help news outlets win subscribers
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian