Sambas to host Cross Border Festival
Sambas in West Kalimantan is set to hold Cross Border Festival on Dec. 9-10 at Sajingan Aruk.
The festival will feature performances from D’Masiv and dangdut singer Juwita Bahar. The latter will perform on the second day of the festival.
“The fanbase of D’Masiv in the Indonesia – Malaysia border area is very strong; this band has a huge fanbase in Kalimantan,” told Tourism Ministry’s archipelago tourism marketing development deputy Esthy Reko Astuti.
The festival will also feature culinary and UMKM (micro, small and medium enterprises) exhibition, traditional art from Dayak, dance, local band and singer performances.
Tourism Minister Arief Yahya said that mixing tourism with music is the right way to attract visitors.
“To create a crowd, a universal language is needed and music is one of them,” said Arief. (kes)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas