Opini90 recognizes 10 outstanding young adults
The Jakarta Post
In conjunction with the 90th anniversary of Sumpah Pemuda (Youth Pledge), which is celebrated on Oct. 28, online news video platform Opini.id launched an Opini90 program.
Starting in September, the program aimed to gather 90 outstanding young adults, aged 17 to 35, from different fields that consistently had a positive impact on their surroundings.
Following the selection of 90 outstanding candidates, Opini90 announced the top 10 young adults, namely badminton athlete Kevin Sanjaya, game developer Azizah Assattari, comic artist Faza Meonk, Dtech Engineering (design and engineering company) founder Arfian Fuadi, Avani (purveyor of eco products) cofounder Kevin Kumala, Kerjabilitas (business and employment-oriented social network for the disabled) founder Tety Sianipar, Rollover Reaction (local cosmetics and skincare brand) CEO Naya Tinanda Nabila, Youth Coalition for Girls cofounder Sanita Rini, wall climbing athlete Aries Susanti Rahayu and health startup TeleCTG and Sehati COO Abraham Auzan.
On Sunday, these 10 outstanding young adults were given the opportunity to meet President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo in Grand Garden Café, Kebun Raya Bogor, West Java.
In addition to the top 10 young adults, the program also gave a special award to Indonesian storytelling activist Rona Mentari for her contribution to preserving the local culture.
Opini90 program was supported by the Creative Economy Agency (Bekraf) and it involved well-known judges, namely Bekraf head Triawan Munaf, economist Rhenald Kasali, GDP Venture CEO Martin Hartono and Narasi TV founder Najwa Shihab.
Frandy Wirajaya, CEO of GVM Networks, the online publishing company that Opini.id is a part of, said that they had created the program upon seeing the differences in opinion in society, hoping that these great individuals could become role models who inspire young Indonesian adults to unite.
Frandy also shared that they wanted to inspire youths to stay creative, provide solutions to the nation’s problems and consistently take part in positive activities for their surroundings.
The top 10 young adults are considered to have had the greatest impacts on their surroundings and contributed to problem-solving for the nation. (jes/mut)
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace