TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Two Chinese tourists in Bali receiving treatment amid coronavirus scare

  • Ardila Syakriah

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta   /   Fri, January 24, 2020   /   06:52 pm
Two Chinese tourists in Bali receiving treatment amid coronavirus scare A number of passengers at Ngurah Rai International Airport walk past the thermal scanner from the Port Health Office (KKP) on Jan. 22. (JP/Zul Trio Anggoro)

Two Chinese tourists suspected of being infected with the coronavirus have been receiving treatment in isolation at the Sanglah General Hospital in Bali since Thursday.

Bali Health Agency head Ketut Suarjaya said that the two Chinese tourists' conditions were getting better and that health officials were waiting for the patients' lab results.

"The lab examinations are being done by the [Health Ministry's] Health Research and Development Agency in Jakarta and the results will be out in 48 hours," he told The Jakarta Post on Friday.

Read also: Two Chinese tourists test negative for coronavirus in Bali

The two Chinese tourists are children who are siblings who reportedly suffered from fever.

Suarjaya said that another tourist from Mexico, formerly suspected of having the virus, had tested negative and had been released on Friday after being put under isolation at the same hospital for two days.

The Mexican national had been living in China for a long time before moving to the Philippines and Jakarta and had arrived in Bali on Jan. 9 and the man had reportedly complained of fever. (ars)