Seeking a breakthrough in maritime diplomacy
Senior researcher at the Center for Political Studies, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI)
PREMIUM Maritime diplomacy is the management of international relations at sea and the use of ocean-related resources to manage such relations. Maritime diplomacy should be applied in the South China Sea (SCS) to sort out issues of assertive behavior, freedom of navigation and overflight, support for the rules-based international order and the peaceful resolution of disputes. As China has been acting m...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- RI awaits official KL apology on SEA Games 'flag incident’: Sports minister
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Indonesian Achievements Festival to recognize 72 'Icons'
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017