Idolizing religious figures crushes dissent
Ph.D student in theology at University of Notre Dame
PREMIUM Despite their many differences, Islamic and Christian feminist theologies are both natural consequences of the diverse experiences of women around the world. They converge in the crucial awareness of the dominant depiction of God in male imagery that has been the source of “divine” legitimacy for the oppression of women. Since then, it has become a model of other violent structur...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- EDITORIAL: Integrity first
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Continuous profit from quail-waste based biogas
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe