Idolizing religious figures crushes dissent
Ph.D student in theology at University of Notre Dame
PREMIUM Despite their many differences, Islamic and Christian feminist theologies are both natural consequences of the diverse experiences of women around the world. They converge in the crucial awareness of the dominant depiction of God in male imagery that has been the source of “divine” legitimacy for the oppression of women. Since then, it has become a model of other violent structur...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror