Idolizing religious figures crushes dissent
Ph.D student in theology at University of Notre Dame
PREMIUM Despite their many differences, Islamic and Christian feminist theologies are both natural consequences of the diverse experiences of women around the world. They converge in the crucial awareness of the dominant depiction of God in male imagery that has been the source of “divine” legitimacy for the oppression of women. Since then, it has become a model of other violent structur...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Don't blame me if Trump not invited to royal wedding: May
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- Indonesia to regulate taxes for global firms’ subsidiaries
- Thai general in the spotlight over luxury watches collection