Natuna: Troubled waters for Indonesia-Chinese relations?
Diana Liudin and Satria Sambijantoro
PREMIUM A Chinese saying, Jīngjì rè zhèngzhì lěng (in economics we can have warm relations, although in politics we give each other the cold shoulder), can perfectly describe the current state of Indonesian-Chinese relations, as the two remain at odds over the resource-rich waters near Natuna Island. Part of Indonesia’s exclusive economic zone (EEZ) around Natuna is ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family