Preparing for climate change effect on Southeast Asia epidemics
Senior analyst at the Centre for Non-Traditional Security, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
PREMIUM June 15 marked ASEAN Dengue Day. As countries started realizing that strengthening regional cooperation was critical to addressing the tropical disease endemic in many ASEAN member states, the initiative began with the Jakarta Call for Action on the Control and Prevention of Dengue in 2011. Countries in the region have put in place some measures to fight dengue. However, climate change may p...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Government reshuffles directors of railway firms
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Virtual reality, interactive avatars among cruise trends of 2018
- Maritime Museum catches fire on Tuesday morning
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant