Preparing for climate change effect on Southeast Asia epidemics
Senior analyst at the Centre for Non-Traditional Security, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
PREMIUM June 15 marked ASEAN Dengue Day. As countries started realizing that strengthening regional cooperation was critical to addressing the tropical disease endemic in many ASEAN member states, the initiative began with the Jakarta Call for Action on the Control and Prevention of Dengue in 2011. Countries in the region have put in place some measures to fight dengue. However, climate change may p...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Saudi woman's case against father stirs 'guardianship' debate
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Russia warns US it is 'playing with fire' with sanctions
- Land owners unseal 46 schools after promise to hire them as civil servants
- Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang dead at 61: State media
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world