Preparing for climate change effect on Southeast Asia epidemics
Senior analyst at the Centre for Non-Traditional Security, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
PREMIUM June 15 marked ASEAN Dengue Day. As countries started realizing that strengthening regional cooperation was critical to addressing the tropical disease endemic in many ASEAN member states, the initiative began with the Jakarta Call for Action on the Control and Prevention of Dengue in 2011. Countries in the region have put in place some measures to fight dengue. However, climate change may p...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- Government to spend Rp 404t on infrastructure projects in 2018
- South Sulawesi mayor-elect faces police questioning in Jakarta
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic
- Status: Online, but not present