What's wrong with Semanggi interchange?
Master of urban planning candidate at New York University
During the commemoration of Independence Day, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo inaugurated the Semanggi Interchange and joined the crowd in complimenting the city for its breakthrough achievement. But what lies behind that celebration, unfortunately, is abuse of the land use regulation.
The interchange was constructed by PT Mitra Panca Persada as part of Rp 579 billion (US...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- ASEAN endorses East Sea code proposal
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- Two Vietnamese fishermen dead in Philippine navy chase
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- 39 countries to attend Asia-Europe transportation minister meeting
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- EDITORIAL: Making corrupt leaders pay