Simple ideas for APEC to leave no one behind
Babeth Ngoc Han Lefur
Country director of Oxfam in Vietnam
Next week Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) leaders will meet in Danang. They face a region divided as never between a few rich and the rest. After decades of leading the world in economic growth that benefited everyone, Asia today is rapidly becoming a fractured region with sharp economic and social divisions between the rich and the underdogs.
The Danang summit should be a ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world