Simple ideas for APEC to leave no one behind
Babeth Ngoc Han Lefur
Country director of Oxfam in Vietnam
Next week Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) leaders will meet in Danang. They face a region divided as never between a few rich and the rest. After decades of leading the world in economic growth that benefited everyone, Asia today is rapidly becoming a fractured region with sharp economic and social divisions between the rich and the underdogs.
The Danang summit should be a ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- Saung Angklung Udjo holds seventh Angklung Pride in Bandung
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors