Invest in youth to strengthen governance and democracy
Curtis S. Chin
Former US ambassador to the Asian Development Bank
PREMIUM One could well lose heart in parts of Southeast Asia if all you did is read the headlines or the social media feeds. The Philippines is a case in point. Even during this nation’s holiday season, today’s banner news and trending tweets and Facebook posts from this country of more than 100 million people on more than 7,000 islands tend to magnify the many not insignificant challenges fac...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Medan Zoo welcomes birth of two Bengal tiger cubs
- KPK raids PLN president director's house in Jakarta
- Emirati prince flees to Qatar, criticizes Abu Dhabi: report