Invest in youth to strengthen governance and democracy
Curtis S. Chin
Former US ambassador to the Asian Development Bank
PREMIUM One could well lose heart in parts of Southeast Asia if all you did is read the headlines or the social media feeds. The Philippines is a case in point. Even during this nation’s holiday season, today’s banner news and trending tweets and Facebook posts from this country of more than 100 million people on more than 7,000 islands tend to magnify the many not insignificant challenges fac...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018