Research is our lifeline
Totok Amin Soefijanto
Public policy and education expert
Human beings are constantly thinking how to survive and overcome problems they face on a daily basis. We think because we want to maintain our existence, as Descartes famously said with, “Cogito ergo sum” (I think, therefore I am). Research is part of that thinking process.
As a nation, we need more research in order to understand ourselves. The late prof...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- Teen suspect killed 6-year-old girl over parents' quarrel: Police
- Not wearing correct uniform, students told to do exams outdoors