Research is our lifeline
Totok Amin Soefijanto
Public policy and education expert
Human beings are constantly thinking how to survive and overcome problems they face on a daily basis. We think because we want to maintain our existence, as Descartes famously said with, “Cogito ergo sum” (I think, therefore I am). Research is part of that thinking process.
As a nation, we need more research in order to understand ourselves. The late prof...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- BREAKING: Buddhist woman imprisoned for complaining about mosque's speaker
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Colombia rescues 49 women from 'sexual slavery'
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- UK B&B becomes unlikely site of 'pilgrimage' for Japanese anime fans
- Iran unveils first domestic fighter jet
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand