Research is our lifeline
Totok Amin Soefijanto
Public policy and education expert
Human beings are constantly thinking how to survive and overcome problems they face on a daily basis. We think because we want to maintain our existence, as Descartes famously said with, “Cogito ergo sum” (I think, therefore I am). Research is part of that thinking process.
As a nation, we need more research in order to understand ourselves. The late prof...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights