Women should not only be powerful as ghosts
Independent researcher in linguistics, with a master’s degree in English education
Months ago, I carried out sociolinguistics research on women’s domination in Indonesian horror movies, using a sample of four Indonesian horror movies. The result was quite predictable, but I still found it disturbing.
Female ghosts were portrayed as powerful, vengeful and dominant in the supernatural world, while in the previous life they were the victims of sexual hara...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls