Women should not only be powerful as ghosts
Independent researcher in linguistics, with a master’s degree in English education
Months ago, I carried out sociolinguistics research on women’s domination in Indonesian horror movies, using a sample of four Indonesian horror movies. The result was quite predictable, but I still found it disturbing.
Female ghosts were portrayed as powerful, vengeful and dominant in the supernatural world, while in the previous life they were the victims of sexual hara...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?