Women should not only be powerful as ghosts
Independent researcher in linguistics, with a master’s degree in English education
Months ago, I carried out sociolinguistics research on women’s domination in Indonesian horror movies, using a sample of four Indonesian horror movies. The result was quite predictable, but I still found it disturbing.
Female ghosts were portrayed as powerful, vengeful and dominant in the supernatural world, while in the previous life they were the victims of sexual hara...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces