Insight: Why do retired officers run for local office?
Evan A. Laksmana
Researcher at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
Indonesia is set to go through its third round of simultaneous direct local elections, which will take place on June 27 in 171 regions (17 provinces, 39 cities and 115 regencies).
There are many concerns over the upcoming elections, ranging from the number of corruption cases plaguing candidates to the potential political and social schisms over identity politics. However, man...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Trump says Queen thinks Brexit is 'very complex problem': Report
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- 52 alleged robbers shot by police ahead of Asian Games
- White House, CNN in fresh row over scrapped Bolton interview