Insight: Why do retired officers run for local office?
Evan A. Laksmana
Researcher at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
Indonesia is set to go through its third round of simultaneous direct local elections, which will take place on June 27 in 171 regions (17 provinces, 39 cities and 115 regencies).
There are many concerns over the upcoming elections, ranging from the number of corruption cases plaguing candidates to the potential political and social schisms over identity politics. However, man...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...