Millennials' take on ideology
I quietly sympathize with a friend who has to teach the mandatory Pancasila course at a university. Pancasila is the state ideology comprising five sila, or pillars. Aren’t the students, self-trained to avoid uncool subjects such as ideology, rolling their eyes?
Of course, that’s the challenge. “I assigned tasks that have them show how they practice Pancasila...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Trump endorses call for Harley-Davidson boycott
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- S. Korean woman given rare jail term for spycam crime
- School boy, 14, runs for Vermont governor
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- A-Pink to perform in Jakarta in September
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case