Millennials' take on ideology
I quietly sympathize with a friend who has to teach the mandatory Pancasila course at a university. Pancasila is the state ideology comprising five sila, or pillars. Aren’t the students, self-trained to avoid uncool subjects such as ideology, rolling their eyes?
Of course, that’s the challenge. “I assigned tasks that have them show how they practice Pancasila...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...