Closer Australia-Indonesia ties at sea
Zaki Mubarok Busro
UN Nippon Fellow 2016 at the UN Division on Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea
Newly elected Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison plans to visit Indonesia on Aug. 31. Although the upcoming conclusion to the Indonesia Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (IA-CEPA) may dominate the visit, it also presents an opportunity to tighten the maritime nexus between the two countries.
Our historic maritime relationship with Australia can be di...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump defends Supreme Court pick after sex assault allegation