Death in autumn: Khashoggi and Munir
Journalist formerly with Radio Netherlands
Jamal Khashoggi and Munir Said Thalib both died in autumn. Human rights activist Munir, 39, was found dead on a plane on Sept. 7, 2004, while the journalist Khashoggi, 59, was killed in cold blood inside the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2.
The Saudi Arabian journalist had been invited to pick up paperwork, leaving his fiancee waiting outside the building, only t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws