Telkom Satellite puts 'Nawacita' vision in reality
The Jakarta Post
PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia (Telkom), the country's largest telecommunications firm, was scheduled to launch its Telkom-3S satellite on Wednesday in the early hours of 4:39 a.m. (Western Indonesian Time) from the Guiana Space Center in French Guiana.
This US$199.7 million satellite will allow Indonesian citizens living in the "3T regions" (the frontier, outermost and remote regions) of the archipelago to gain better access to telecommunications services. For them, this means higher-quality HDTV, cellular communications and broadband internet.
Thanks to this satellite, all Indonesians will be able to enjoy high-quality telecommunications services, no matter where they are in the country. Its reach is so far and wide that it even extends further beyond the country's borders to parts of the Southeast Asian region.
Building this satellite was possible thanks to Telkom's collaboration with satellite production company Thales Alenia Space and satellite-launching service provider Arianespace. Its existence helps to realize two of President Joko Widodo's "Nawacita" nine development agenda.
For one, it furthers the first agenda of protecting national security. It also helps to realize the third agenda of developing Indonesia's rural areas. The new satellite also has the added benefit of reducing Indonesia's dependency on renting foreign satellites.
You might also like :
- Electronic music and poetry collide in ‘Melihat Puisi’
- Who will be new Singapore PM? Test him in the next general election
- Impossible to pair Kalla with Jokowi again, PDI-P says
- Aceh, Dubai-based firm to start hydrocarbon survey
- Czech schoolboy maps his life from disabled to designer
- The movie ‘Sekala Niskala’ won Grand Prix at Berlin International Film Festival 2018
- Susi beats Sandiaga in Lake Sunter showdown
- BPJS Ketenagakerjaan seeks to book Rp 367.8 trillion in funds
- In 'Coco' child star's story, life and art intertwine
- Rohingya exodus still growing, six months into crisis