Caviar, champagne dinner at Mozaic Ubud
The Jakarta Post
Chef Chris Salans is hosting a very special dinner event featuring caviar and champagne at the Mozaic Restaurant Gastronomique in Ubud, Bali.
This is in keeping with Mozaic’s annual tradition of presenting a one-night-only dinner created around a rare, imported luxury ingredient, which has been the white truffle in past years.
This year’s dinner pairs fine Kaluga Imperial caviar – carefully selected for its sustainable farming method – with Duval-Leroy champagnes and the talents of the four highly regarded chefs that Salans has invited to join him in preparing a five-course dinner.
The guest chefs are Ben Cross from Kudeta, Maximillian from Sangsaka, Nic Vanderbeeken from Aperitif Ubud, and François Seurin from MnM Catering. Seurin is Mozaic’s former pastry chef who opened The Legian with Salans in 1996.
Each chef will prepare a special caviar dish to be served with a different champagne variety from Duval-Leroy, the prestigious French champagne known for its subtle, light and elegant bubbles.
The special dinner will feature five Duval-Leroy champagnes – Brut Réserve, “Fleur de Champagne” Premier Cru, Rosé Prestige Premier Cru, Blanc De Blancs Grand Cru and Femme de Champagne Brut Grand Cru.
Kaluga Imperial caviar comes from the fresh waters of the Qing Chong Mountains, the mystical Himalayan birthplace of Taoism and Tai Chi, and is carefully farmed with non-GMO sturgeon feed. It is lightly salted using only the finest Himalayan mineral salt to create a consistently exquisite, delicate and well-balanced flavor.
The special caviar-champagne dinner will be start at 7 p.m. on Sept. 14, when a maximum of 60 guests will be seated at communal tables in Mozaic’s beautiful garden with a chance to interact with the chefs.
The five-course dinner with champagne pairing is Rp 1.7 million++ per person. Tickets can be purchased through the "reservations" facility on the Mozaic website (www.mozaic-bali.com).
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas