Royal farewell to Soeharto
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Former president Soeharto, who died on Sunday, was given a state funeral likened to the burial ceremonies of the ancient Javanese kings at his family mausoleum in Karanganyar, Central Java, on Monday. Soeharto's body was carried in a military hearse at the head of a long procession from Adi Sumarmo airport in Surakarta (Solo) to the Astana Giribangun cemetery, where his wife Siti Hartinah (Tien...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens