The exotic romance of tamarind
PREMIUM Picture a tamarind pod. Peanut-shaped and suede-like, it contains a complex flavor sensation that is tangy and sour with a hint of mellow sweetness, almost like a ruby red wine. Nestled inside, is the tamarind paste: That secret ingredient that set Coca-Cola on its fizzy feet and gave Worcestshire sauce its distinctive flavour. The word "tamarind" conjures up sensuous image...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings