'Nonsense' life sentence for separatist
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The life sentence given to a traditional dance coordinator for waving a separatist flag in front of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono last year sparked criticism Friday, with a rights activist calling it excessive. Asmara Nababan, a former secretary-general of the National Commission on Human Rights, said the panel of judges at the Ambon District Court failed to consider that the actions ...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Susi reminds Central Java fishermen to stop using 'cantrang'
- How to avoid paying exorbitant import taxes on goods bought abroad
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Ancol to go cashless
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- Google executive downplays AI’s possible threat to mankind
- Minister slams F&B firms for objecting to sugar auction plan
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval