'Nonsense' life sentence for separatist
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The life sentence given to a traditional dance coordinator for waving a separatist flag in front of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono last year sparked criticism Friday, with a rights activist calling it excessive. Asmara Nababan, a former secretary-general of the National Commission on Human Rights, said the panel of judges at the Ambon District Court failed to consider that the actions ...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018