Disabled celebrate Independence Day
Wasti Atmodjo & Ni Komang Erviani
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Wiratni, a patient at the hospital for mentally disabled people in Bangli, Bali, sobbed as she accepted toiletries from a visiting member of the Bali Bloggers Community (BBC) on Indonesia's Independence day last Friday. "Thank you so much. Don't forget us. Drop by often. I'm so happy you came," she said with tears running down her cheeks. Wiratni was one of the few partic...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Nine expelled bullies to undergo rehabilitation