Suicide cases inspire Garin
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM GARIN NUGROHO: (JP/Ricky Yudhistira) TOKYO: Noted director Garin Nugroho said he was inspired by suicide cases in the country when making Di Bawah Pohon (Under the Tree), his film that was nominated at the 21st Tokyo International Film Festival. “This film is a social critic to the suicide phenomenon in Indonesia. Even a family committed suicide but no one cares, even the government...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income