Rubber, South Sumatra's new gold
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Members of the Farmer Business Cooperative in Payaraman district, Ogan Ilir regency, South Sumatra, set out set rubber blocks in preparation for the weekly auction. (JP/Khairul Saleh) Spurred by rising prices and a strong export market, rubber has become the black gold of South Sumatra. One of the province's rubber plantations, located in Payaraman district, Ogan Ilir regency, produ...
- Tonnes of garbage cleaned up from Galapagos coast
- Turkish-led forces in control of Syria's Afrin city
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Indian airports stretched as passengers reach new heights
- Facebook suspends Trump election data firm for policy breach
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Fake Prince Albert 'cons Monte Carlo high-flyers'
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final