Rights groups seek pressure by Obama on RI
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Indonesia's human rights groups expressed hope Sunday that President-elect Barack Obama would put more pressure on Indonesia to resolve its major human rights cases. Positive changes and increased pressure should come from the future Obama administration related to Indonesia's democratization process and human rights advocacy, compared to the outgoing administration under President George...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income
- Bieber not welcome thanks to 'bad behavior': Beijing authorities
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages