Papua puts off controversial microchip plan
Nethy Dharma Somba
The Jakarta Post
Papua’s provincial legislative council has decided to postpone the endorsement of the Papua HIV/AIDS Handling bylaw planned for approval this Monday, after the provincial administration deemed it would violate human rights.
“The endorsement was postponed because the legislative and executive branches had different perceptions on the use of microchips for people with HIV/AIDS,” c...
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Clooneys donate $500,000 to student gun reform march
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Qatar Airways receives world’s first Airbus A350-1000
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Seven lesser-known dive areas in Indonesia
- Jokowi redeems Metallica double-LP set from KPK
- Dementia clearly linked to chronic boozing: Study
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Dua Lipa to grace Asian stages in May