Rising Asian political risk
PREMIUM The world's investors, lenders and pundits are rightly fixated on the cascade of collapsing economies around the world, as if witnessing concurrent acts in a play. Later this year we are likely to reach the intermission, and it is becoming increasingly clear that the final act of the play - for which the curtain will probably rise in 2010- will have resulted in the most significant global econom...
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta