`MERANTAU' revives Indonesia's martial arts in film
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Years ago, Indonesia's martial arts movies like Si Pitung (the Robin Hood of Betawi) or Si Buta dari Gua Hantu (the Blind Man from the Ghost Cave) were the must-see movies for all movie goers, depicting the power and beauty of the moves of pencak silat (traditional Indonesian martial art). The two action heroes were the idols of many people, from youngsters to adults, similar to Superman and ...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president