`MERANTAU' revives Indonesia's martial arts in film
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Years ago, Indonesia's martial arts movies like Si Pitung (the Robin Hood of Betawi) or Si Buta dari Gua Hantu (the Blind Man from the Ghost Cave) were the must-see movies for all movie goers, depicting the power and beauty of the moves of pencak silat (traditional Indonesian martial art). The two action heroes were the idols of many people, from youngsters to adults, similar to Superman and ...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China