Military to be deployed to fight illegal miners on Mt. Merapi
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Military officers will be deployed to monitor the closure of an illegal mining site on Mt. Merapi, Central Java, a legislator said Tuesday. The move is to ensure that local miners do not cause any more damage to the environment, he said. "Central Java Governor Bibit Waluyo has asked the legislative council for funding to shut down illegal mining operations, which are damaging the environ...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga