Military to be deployed to fight illegal miners on Mt. Merapi
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Military officers will be deployed to monitor the closure of an illegal mining site on Mt. Merapi, Central Java, a legislator said Tuesday. The move is to ensure that local miners do not cause any more damage to the environment, he said. "Central Java Governor Bibit Waluyo has asked the legislative council for funding to shut down illegal mining operations, which are damaging the environ...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- EDITORIAL: Children and social media
- NTB creates task force to tackle garbage on Mt Rinjani
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'