Brutality, beauty & sanity: The work of Ipong Purnama Sidhi
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Hey YouTwenty seven years ago, fresh from the country’s premier art institute, the Fine Arts School (now the Yogyakarta Institute of Art), Ipong Purnama Sidhi got more sneer than cheer when he accepted a nine-to-five job at the country’s largest publishing company, PT Gramedia. To fellow artists, working for a corporation means selling one’s pure soul to the devil, especially back in the 198...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday