More than half of RI's biodiversity `unrecorded'
Adianto P. Simamora
THE JAKARTA POST
PREMIUM More than half of the biodiversity across the archipelago remains unrecorded due to lack of knowledge coupled with poor awareness by local authorities to halt unprecedented destruction of biodiversity. As of 2010, only 20 of the more than 400 regencies have begun to catalog the species in their area. "Indonesia is one of the 17 largest biodiversity hotspots on the planet, but we have not...
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Demian's 'buried alive Judge Cuts act' YouTube Trending
- Collusion reappears between Jakarta Council, administration after Ahok’s departure: Expert
- Election law should not exist: Expert
- Mahathir defends his treatment of Anwar in 1998
- Railway director general removed from office
- Philippine bank executive arrested for fraud
- ASEAN a success story of integration
- Indonesian Police crack down on massive distribution of bogus premium rice
- Fisherman found hanged in tree in North Jakarta