Exploding cigarette proves that smoking is dangerous
BEKASI: Police are investigating the case of an exploding cigarette, which injured Andi Susanto, a security guard in Cibitung, Bekasi.
The cigarette exploded when Andi was smoking while riding his motorcycle on Thursday.
"The cause of the explosion is unknown... we checked the motorcyle's gas tank to see if there was possibly a leakage of gasoline fumes that may have led to the incident, but we have found nothing yet," Bekasi Police chief Sr. Comr. Herry Wibowo was quoted as saying by news portal detik.com.
The explosion caused Andi to lose five of his front teeth and serious injury to his lips.
Herry said Andi bought the cigarettes from a vendor close to his house.
"It was my third cigarette while traveling to work," he said.
Andi is being treated at Adam Thalib Hospital in Cibitung. - JP
- Indonesian Military deploys personnel for Aceh quake relief
- Protest persecution of Rohingyas, not just Ahok: Malaysian PM
- Indonesia advances to AFF Cup finals
- Jokowi orders all-out rescue effort as Aceh quake death toll rises
- Strong earthquake destroys buildings in Aceh
- Bandung Mayor Ridwan Kamil apologizes for Christmas service raid
- FPI won't gain popularity from recent anti-Ahok rallies, expert says
- West Java Governor laments raid on Christmas service
- Indonesia’s ‘Single’s Day’ set to delight e-shoppers
- Sari Roti stock down amid boycott campaign