Improve bank regulations to avoid crisis, Soros says
The Jakarta Post
Billionaire financier George Soros, upon his visit to Jakarta on Wednesday, again stressed the need to improve global bank regulations to avoid another economic crisis.
Soros has repeatedly said that regulators have for years conducted hands-off policies that have allowed banks and other big companies to take risks that could endanger the financial system.
“The whole banking syste...
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- House inquiry team to meet National Police to ‘straighten things out’
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Police to make sketch of Novel Baswedan attacker
- Police question witnesses following Kerobokan prison escape