Improve bank regulations to avoid crisis, Soros says
The Jakarta Post
Billionaire financier George Soros, upon his visit to Jakarta on Wednesday, again stressed the need to improve global bank regulations to avoid another economic crisis.
Soros has repeatedly said that regulators have for years conducted hands-off policies that have allowed banks and other big companies to take risks that could endanger the financial system.
“The whole banking syste...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed