Improve bank regulations to avoid crisis, Soros says
The Jakarta Post
Billionaire financier George Soros, upon his visit to Jakarta on Wednesday, again stressed the need to improve global bank regulations to avoid another economic crisis.
Soros has repeatedly said that regulators have for years conducted hands-off policies that have allowed banks and other big companies to take risks that could endanger the financial system.
“The whole banking syste...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business