Indonesia may join Basic Group on climate talks
Adianto P. Simamora and Desy Nurhayati
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Indonesia plans to join growing powers Brazil, South Africa, India and China, known as the Basic Group, if it can help bridge the stalled talks on the long-awaited binding treaty on emissions cuts.Agus Purnomo, special assistant to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyuno on climate change affairs, said Monday there had been informal offers from countries such as India for Indonesia to join Basic.“But...
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- What makes Bali hotels so popular among luxury travelers?
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 2018 regional elections: The basics
- Why West Java election matters to Jokowi, Prabowo
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official