SUMIKO KATO: Batik seduces Japanese artist
PREMIUM She's a small woman who loves batik art. Despite being 73, Sumiko Kato is still enthusiastic about batik painting. The flight from Japan to Indonesia takes more than six hours, but that hasn't stopped her from visiting Yogyakarta once or twice a year. When Sumiko comes to Indonesia, she meditates at a simple rented house in the area of Tirtonirmolo, Bantul, and produces batik work using a lar...
- 'Raped, killed because they are Rohingya'
- EDITORIAL: Government market intervention
- Lesson from Go-Jek: Answer to Uber, Grab
- Earthquake hits Banjarnegara, kills one, destroys buildings
- City cannot restore all evicted areas: Sandiaga
- Jokowi agrees to drop 14 infrastructure projects, committee says
- Indonesia warns Norway over CPO ban
- Millennial travelers: What’s trending in 2018
- Bridge collapses in E. Java, overpass collapses in N. Sulawesi
- BTS nominated for Billboard Music Awards 2018