Ciamis students help conserve batik art
Retno K. Djojo
When Unesco recently recognized batik as Indonesia’s unique cultural heritage, many across the archipelago realized something had to be done to preserve and nurture the art, skill and knowledge of batik making. From the beginning: A junior high school student learns to paint a batik motif on a piece of cloth at her school in Ciamis, West Java. Retno K. DjojoAs a result, several educational insti...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed