Wangi Indriya: Behind mask
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM If Wangi Indriya could travel back to her childhood and change something in her past, it would be the way she fell in love with dancing. JP/DIAN KUSWANDINIHaving danced for the last 40 years, the traditional tari topeng (mask dance) maestro still bares scars from her childhood, when her father forced her and her sisters to learn how to dance to make a living. “My father kept telling us: ‘Danci...
- EU launches defence pact it calls 'bad news for enemies'
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- City to cover expenses of Christmas celebration at Monas
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- Indonesia wins trade dispute on fatty alcohols with EU
- Dalai Lama turns to iPhone to spread app-iness
- Ministries hand over voter data to KPU
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- Indonesia making progress in global ICT ranking
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas