MUI rules out fatwa against Facebook over cartoon
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The Indonesia Ulema Council (MUI) on Thursday reserved all fiery comments when thousands of Facebook users across the globe uploaded images of the Prophet Muhammad on the popular social networking site.MUI chairman Amidhan said the clerics would not issue an edict banning Facebook, which has millions of users and is ranked the top website by Alexa in the world’s most populous Muslim country.“F...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song