MUI rules out fatwa against Facebook over cartoon
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The Indonesia Ulema Council (MUI) on Thursday reserved all fiery comments when thousands of Facebook users across the globe uploaded images of the Prophet Muhammad on the popular social networking site.MUI chairman Amidhan said the clerics would not issue an edict banning Facebook, which has millions of users and is ranked the top website by Alexa in the world’s most populous Muslim country.“F...
- UPDATED: Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Medieval Europe’s ‘divine obsession’ with Indonesian spices
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Hizbut Tahrir may file lawsuit against disbandment: Police