Women face harassment every day
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM A lack of legal protection — and a culture that excuses casual verbal and physical sexual abuse — makes obscene behavior an everyday experience for women on the streets and buses of Jakarta.Tainted image: Female public order officers chat together on Monday near the National Monument in Central Jakarta. The Jakarta City Public Order Agency fired two public order officers who allegedly extorted...
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Jakarta Council sees decline in performance of 'orange troops'
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- Where is the disability? My stumps don't define me
- Manulife aims to attract middle-upper class clients with new insurance product