Women face harassment every day
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM A lack of legal protection — and a culture that excuses casual verbal and physical sexual abuse — makes obscene behavior an everyday experience for women on the streets and buses of Jakarta.Tainted image: Female public order officers chat together on Monday near the National Monument in Central Jakarta. The Jakarta City Public Order Agency fired two public order officers who allegedly extorted...
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey