Andrea Hirata: Savoring a taste of home
The Jakarta Post
Novelist Andrea Hirata says that spending hours hanging out in coffee shops in his home village Gantung, Belitung, has given him a lot of ideas for his books. That is why he likes to spend most of his weekends there, besides taking his nephew and nieces to beautiful beaches on the island.
“At the moment, I am busy with the construction of a library I’ve dedicated for the community in my...
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes
- People are delusional about PKI: Law and human rights minister