Andrea Hirata: Savoring a taste of home
The Jakarta Post
Novelist Andrea Hirata says that spending hours hanging out in coffee shops in his home village Gantung, Belitung, has given him a lot of ideas for his books. That is why he likes to spend most of his weekends there, besides taking his nephew and nieces to beautiful beaches on the island.
“At the moment, I am busy with the construction of a library I’ve dedicated for the community in my...
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- One killed, six injured in Bali boat collision
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago
- Divers clean up Bali reefs