Andrea Hirata: Savoring a taste of home
The Jakarta Post
Novelist Andrea Hirata says that spending hours hanging out in coffee shops in his home village Gantung, Belitung, has given him a lot of ideas for his books. That is why he likes to spend most of his weekends there, besides taking his nephew and nieces to beautiful beaches on the island.
“At the moment, I am busy with the construction of a library I’ve dedicated for the community in my...
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival