Andrea Hirata: Savoring a taste of home
The Jakarta Post
Novelist Andrea Hirata says that spending hours hanging out in coffee shops in his home village Gantung, Belitung, has given him a lot of ideas for his books. That is why he likes to spend most of his weekends there, besides taking his nephew and nieces to beautiful beaches on the island.
“At the moment, I am busy with the construction of a library I’ve dedicated for the community in my...
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence