Mount Merapi erupts, spewing hot ash
The Jakarta Post
Mount Merapi erupted Tuesday afternoon, spewing hot ash down its slopes and forcing residents to finally flee, reluctantly, to safety.The volcano erupted just hours after Vice President Boediono visited its observation station and talked with evacuees, mostly elderly people and children, who have sheltered in makeshift tents since the volcano hit top alert status on Monday.Boediono, who was flanke...
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- French stocks soar to near-decade highs as Macron tops poll
- State lender BNI to open branch office in Melbourne